Intergenerational Preschool Program In Inver Grove Heights
At Inver Glen Senior Living, we focus on helping our community members maintain healthy, happy, and balanced lifestyles in a safe and comfortable environment. We’re proud to offer the life-enriching benefits of intergenerational programming to our seniors in cooperation with All Seasons Preschool. Located right on our campus in Inver Grove Heights, this program allows residents and preschoolers to develop meaningful, cross-age relationships that provide social, mental, emotional, and even physical benefits to all.
What is Intergenerational Learning/Child Care Programming?
Intergenerational programming is designed to bring children and older adults together. According to the National Council on Aging, these activities promote the exchange of skills, knowledge, and/or experiences between the generations through cooperation and interaction.
What are the benefits of Intergenerational Programs for Seniors?
Research has consistently shown intergenerational programming to be beneficial for both young children and seniors. The youthful innocence and energetic spirit of preschoolers can help older people in many ways, including:
- Preventing and alleviating loneliness and boredom with increased socialization
- Reinvigorating the enthusiasm inspired by the animation of young children
- Increasing energy and a sense of purpose from connecting with young children
- Fostering and enjoying the social, mental, and emotional benefits of new relationships
- Filling a social gap for seniors who lack regular contact with young family members
- Enjoying physical health benefits such as lower blood pressure and slower mental decline
These interactions benefit the preschoolers as well. The patience and wisdom of the older generation helps kids see beyond their personal experience, promoting the development of a broader worldview celebrating diversity, empathy, and inclusivity. Additionally, children who spend a significant amount of quality time with seniors demonstrate more advanced vocabularies and social skills.
Promoting the health, happiness, and well-being of our residents drives all that we do at Inver Glen Senior Living. We take pride in providing a wide range of opportunities to support that mission, and intergenerational programming is one of many advantages we offer our community members.
Learn more about the enriching lifestyle and activities we offer and contact us today to schedule a tour.
Schedule a Tour
Inver Grove Senior Living seniors with arrangements for independent, assisted or memory care living. We invite you to come see the difference for yourself.
View Activities Calendar
From strength-training workouts to discussions of current events to quiet sessions of knitting, our residents' days are filled with interesting & lively interaction.
View Dining Menu
Meals are served in our spacious dining room, and a private family dining room where residents can share a meal with guests in a more intimate setting.
A licensed RN is available to assess each individual in order to provide a personal care package that is right for you. If assistance is needed, our individualized service plans are designed to maintain your independence. We provide a wide range of customer driven programs and events that encourage participation, laughter and lasting memories
Included in Rent:
- 24-hour emergency call system
- Daily OK Checks
- Health and wellness program
- 7 days-a-week complimentary breakfast (Assisted Living 3 meals/day)
- Apartment building fire/smoke detector and sprinkler system
- Individually controlled heat and air conditioning
- Water, sewer and on-site trash pick-up
- Programs and events for socialization
- Apartment and building maintenance
- Month-to-month lease agreement
- Daily afternoon coffee and cookies
- Laundry facilities in each unit
- Pets are welcome (some restrictions apply)
- Refrigerator, stove/self-clean oven, dishwasher and microwave
- Snow removal and lawn service